10. Block, J. (2009). Long-term orientation of family firms: an investigation of R&D investments, downsizing practices, and executive pay. Wiesbaden: Gabler.
11. Block, J. (2017). Family Management, Family Ownership, and Downsizing: Evidence from S&P 500 Firms. Family Business Review. https://doi.org/10.1177/089448651002300202.
12. Boratyńska, K. (2016). FsQCA in corporate bankruptcy research. An innovative approach in food industry. Journal of Business Research, 69(11), 5529–5533.
13. Brockner, J., Grover, S., Reed, T. F. & O’Malley, O. (1987). Survivors’ reactions to layoffs: we get by with a little help for our friends. Administrative Science Quarterly, 32(4), 526-541.
14. Brockner, J., Konovsky, M., Cooper-Schneider, R., Folger, R., Martin, C., & Bies, R. J. (1994). Interactive effects of procedural justice and outcome negativity on victims and survivors of job loss. Academy of Management Journal, 37(2), 397–409.
15. Brown, T. J., & Dacin, P. A. (1997). The company and the product: corporate associations and consumer product responses. Journal of Marketing, 61(1), 68-84.
16. Bruton, G. D., Keels, J. K., & Shook, C. L. (1996). Downsizing the firm: answering the strategic questions. The Academy of Management Executive, 10(2), 38-45.
17. Capelle-Blanchard, G., & Couderc, N. (2007). How do shareholders respond to downsizing? A meta-analysis. SSRN working paper 952768.
18. Chernikoff, H., & Howell, M. (2008). Wave of job cuts sweeps across corporate America. Reuters online, October 23rd, 2008.
19. Datta, D. K., Guthrie, J. P., Basuil, D., & Pandey, A. (2010). Causes and effects of employee downsizing: A review and synthesis. Journal of Management, 36(1), 281–348.
20. Datta, S., & Iskandar-Datta, M. E. (1995). Reorganization and financial distress: An empirical investigation. Journal of Financial Research, 18(1), 15–32.
21. DeMeuse, K. P., & Dai, G. (2013). Organizational downsizing: Its effect on financial performance. Journal of Managerial Issues, 25(4), 324–344.
22. Fisher, S. R., &White, M. A. (2000). Downsizing in a learning organization: Are there hidden costs? Academy of Management Review, 25(1), 244–251.
23. Flanagan, D. J. & O’Shaughnessy, K. C. (2005). The effect of layoffs on firm reputation. Journal of Management, 31(3), 445-463.
24. Gensler, L. (2016). Profits Are Still Tumbling at America's Big Oil Companies. Forbes (Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2016/10/28/exxonmobilchevron-earnings-oil-prices-2/#5cde1e5c18e8).
25. George, J. M. (2014). Compassion and capitalism: Implications for organizational studies. Journal of Management, 40(1), 5–15.
26. Gerpott, T. J. (2007). Bewertung von Personalabbauprogrammen aus Aktionärssicht – eine Bestandaufnahme der empirischen Forschung. Journal für Betriebswirtschaft, 57(1), 3-35.
27. Goesaert, T., Heinz, M., & Vanormelingen, S. (2015). Downsizing and firm performance: Evidence from German firm data. Industrial and Corporate Change, 24(6), 1443–1472.
28. Guillamón, C. Moral-Benito, E & Puente, S. (2017). "High growth firms in employment and productivity: dynamic interactions and the role of financial constraints?," Working Papers 1718, Banco de.
29. Guthrie, J. P., & Datta, D. K. (2008). Dumb and dumber: The impact of downsizing on firm performance as moderated by industry conditions. Organization Science, 19(1), 108–123.
30. Habib, A. Borhan Uddin Bhuiyan, Ainul Islam, (2013) "Financial distress, earnings management and market pricing of accruals during the global financial crisis", Managerial Finance, Vol. 39 Issue: 2, pp.155-180, https://doi.org/10.1108/03074351311294007.
31. Jung, J. (2015). Shareholder value and workforce downsizing, 1981–2006. Social Forces, 93(4), 1335–1368.
32. Karake, Z. A. (1998). An examination of the impact of organizational downsizing and discrimination activities on corporate social responsibility as measured by a company’s reputation index. Management Decision, 36(3), 206-216.
33. Klein, J., & Dawar, N. (2004). Corporate social responsibility and consumers’ attributions and brand evaluations in a product-harm crisis. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 21(3), 203-217.
34. Lewin, J. E., Biemans, W., & Ulaga, W. (2010). Firm downsizing and satisfaction among United States and European customers. Journal of Business Research, 63(7), 697–706.
35. Love, E. G., & Nohria, N. (2005). Reducing slack: The performance consequences of downsizing by large industrial firms, 1977–93. Strategic Management Journal, 26(12), 1087–1108.
36. Love, G. E., & Kraatz, M. (2009). Character, conformity, or the bottom line? How and why downsizing affected corporate reputation. Academy of Management Journal, 52(2), 314-335.
37. Miller, D.,and P. H., Friesen. (1984). A Longitudinal Study of the Corporate Life Cycle, Management Science, 30 (10) ,pp 1161-1183.
38. Mohr, L. A., Webb, D. J., & Harris, K. E. (2001). Do consumers expect companies to be socially responsible? The impact of corporate social responsibility on buying behavior. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 35(1), 45-72.
39. Moores,k., and S. yuen.(2001).Management Accounting Systems and Organizational Configuration: A Life Cycle Perspective. Accounting, Organization and Society. 26.pp351-389.
40. Mucci; N, Giorgi; G, Roncaioli; M, Fiz Perez; J, Arcangeli; G. (2016). The correlation between stress and economic crisis: a systematic review. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, Vol 12. pp 983—993.
41. Ndofor, H. A., Vanevenhoven, J., & Barker, V. L., III (2013). Software firm turnarounds in the 1990s: An analysis of reversing decline in a dynamic industry. Strategic Management Journal, 34(9), 1123–1133.
42. Newton GW (1998); "Bankruptcy Insolvency Accounting", Practice and Procedure. J. Financ. Econom, 1:pp 21-41.
43. Niehoff, B. P., Moorman, R. H., Blakely, G., & Fuller, J. (2001). The influence of empowerment and job enrichment on employee loyalty in a downsizing environment. Group& Organization Management, 26(1), 93–113.
44. Nienstedt, P. R. (1989). Effectively downsizing management structures. Human Resource Planning, 12(2), 155-164.
45. O’Neill, H., & Lenn, J. D. (1995). Voice of survivors: words that downsizing CEOs should hear. Academy of Management Executive, 9(4), 23-24.
46. Pollack, A. (2008). Merck plans to cut 12% of work force as its sales and profit fall. The New York Times (online version), October 23rd, 2008.
47. Powell, R., & Yawson, A. (2012). Internal restructuring and firm survival. International Review of Finance, 12(4), 435–467.
48. Probst, T. M. (2003). Exploring employee outcomes of organizational restructuring a Solomon four-group study. Group & Organization Management, 28(3), 416–439.
49. Probst, T. M., Stewart, S. M., Gruys, M. L., & Tierney, B. W. (2007). Productivity, counterproductivity and creativity: The ups and downs of job insecurity. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 80(3), 479–497.
50. Raj, M., & Forsyth, M. (1999). Restructuring and layoffs: does the UK market view them positively? Journal of Global Business, 10(19), 55-64.
51. Rusaw, A. C. (2004). How downsizing affects organizational memory in government: Some implications for professional and organizational development. Public Administration Quarterly, 28(3/4), 482–500.
52. Sen, S., & Bhattacharya, C. B. (2001). Does doing good always lead to doing better? Consumer reactions to corporate social responsibility. Journal of Marketing Research, 38(2), 225-243.
53. Shaw, J. D., Duffy, M. K., Johnson, J. L., & Lockhart, D. E. (2005). Turnover, social capital losses, and performance. Academy of Management Journal, 48(4), 594–606.
54. Smith, F. S. (2010). Do layoffs affect the probability of bankruptcy? Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, 10(5), 75–85.
55. Stepanyan, G. G. (2012) Revisiting Firm Life Cycle Theory for New Directions in Finance. IÉSEG School of Management (LEM-CNRS) Socle de la Grande Arche.
56. Uchitelle, L. (2008). U.S. layoffs increase as businesses confront crisis. International Herald Tribune (online version), October 26th, 2008.
57. Ursel, N., & Armstrong-Stassen, M. (1995). The impact of layoff announcements on shareholders. Industrial Relations, 50(3), 636-645.
58. Wells, Georgia (2016). GoPro to reduce workforce by 15% in revamp. Wall Street Journal. Eastern edition ed. (ProQuest. Web. 10 Mar. 2017).
59. Womack, J. P., Jones, D. T., & Ross, D. (1991). The machine that changed the world. The story of lean production. New York: Harper Collins.
60. Worrel, D. L., Davidson III, W. N., & Sharma, V. N. (1991). Layoff announcements and stockholder wealth. Academy of Management Journal, 34(3), 662-678.
61. Yu, G. C., & Park, J. S. (2006). The effect of downsizing on the financial performance and employee productivity of Korean firms. International Journal of Manpower, 27(3), 230–250.
62. Zorn, M. L. Norman, P. M. Butler, F C. Bhussar, M. S. (2017). Cure or curse: Does downsizing increase the likelihood of bankruptcy? Journal of Business Research. Vol76, Pages 24-33.
63. Zyglidopoulos, S. C. (2004). The impact of downsizing on the corporate reputation for social performance. Journal of Public Affairs, 4(1), 11-25.